Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Book Review of "Wife After God"

I first came across Unveiled Wife and her book, Wife After God through Facebook. I placed by order through Amazon and received instant deliver to my Kindle. It is very apparent that the author Jennifer Smith truly sought the Lord regarding this devotional, and genuinely wants to share the beauty of a God centered marriage. I started reading the book that very night in my personal pursuit of drawing closer to God and my wonderful husband.

This devotional is written for both equally and unequally yoked marriages. The primary focus emphasizes how you as a wife can love, encourage and support your husband in his pursuit of becoming the man that God desires for him to be while keeping Christ at the center. While this book is written for all seasons of marriage. I would highly recommend this book for younger wives, newlyweds or babes in Christ.  This heartfelt devotional truly inspires you to be a wife who follows after God. I have gone through the book both on a individual and group setting and thoroughly enjoyed both. Granted the group setting presented a much more in depth study. 
When asked what is this book about Jennifer says it best, "This devotional is designed to walk you through an intense journey of experiencing God, specifically tailored to one of your most important ministry roles -- being a wife!"


Each devotion begins with a few Focus verses, a Thought, where Jennifer has written stories and scriptures to support the Topic of the day. There is also a personal challenge, Journal questions, Prayer and a Twitter status update. I love the challenge ideas and the prayers however the small group study served for better discussion and accountability. Since everything is geared around social media the status update was a great idea. 

Jennifer states that "As a Christian and as a wife there is a responsibility to nurture both your relationship with God and your husband" and I am in total agreement. This book quickly comes to mind as a recommendation for those desiring a more intimate relationship with Christ and their husband. I was highly impressed with this devotional as a group study and was excited to see Wives After God: Encouraging Each Other in Faith & Marriage and would suggest this route for a small group as well. In order to successfully complete this devotional you will need a copy of the book which can be purchased here, a bible and a journal.  If you want to see all the videos related to this series, you can subscribe to the Unveiled Wife YouTube channel .  Completing this devotional definitely had a positive impact on my marriage so I would highly recommend it to others as well.  



Book Details:
  • Paperback: 144 pages
  • Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform; 1st edition (June 14, 2013)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1481866885
  • ISBN-13: 978-1481866880
  • Product Dimensions: 0.3 x 5 x 8 inches
  • Retail Price: $13.49
  • Kindle Edition: $8.49

Disclosure: I purchased this book with my own funds and I was not financially compensated in any way for this post. All opinions expressed are my own and are based on my observations while reading this devotion. 



No comments:

Post a Comment